True Tides brand seafood is responsibly-sourced from fisheries and aquaculture farms that meet certified sustainable standards.
Produced and packed by Pier Fish Co., our sustainability commitment includes the following objectives:
- Source seafood from fisheries that have been certified sustainable by MSC or other recognized and trusted organizations;
- Select and favor fishermen who share our ideals and who adhere to all fisheries management regulations and practices;
- Seek the guidance of fisheries experts such as NOAA, the New England Fisheries Management Council, the Gulf of Maine Research Institute (GMRI), UMass SMAST, and the National Fisheries Institute (NFI) to make informed decisions when sourcing seafood;
- Label our seafood accurately according to FDA guidelines;
- Give priority to sourcing local seafood harvested in the United States and to import seafood as needed, only from responsibly-managed fisheries;
- Maintain a transparent chain of custody throughout our supply chain;
- Educate our customers, suppliers and employees about our sustainability practices.
As a company founded in 1910, Pier Fish recognizes sustainability as a core value in all aspects of our business. We will continue to be a leader in the seafood industry on this critically important issue in the years ahead.